# Connecting open source projects to production
OpenInfra Labs is a community, created by and for infrastructure providers and operators, integrating and optimizing different layers of the infrastructure, testing open source code in production, publishing complete, reproducible stacks for existing & emerging workloads, to advance open source infrastructure.
Delivering open source tools to run cloud, container, AI, machine learning and edge workloads efficiently, repeatedly and predictably
Integration, optimization, and testing of the complete infrastructure stack to support complete use cases
Documentation and bridging of operational, functional, and non-functional gaps to run upstream projects in a production environment
Shared code repositories for cross-layer optimization, operational tooling and the "glue" code that is often written independently by users
Key development activities in OpenInfra Labs include:
- Operate First: making cloud operations as fundamental as functionality in the upstreams. Read the Operate First Community Manifesto.
- Project Caerus: improving coordination between compute and storage systems for big data and AI workloads. Read the Project Caerus Manifesto.
- Elastic Secure Infrastructure: enabling infrastructure to be securely provisioned and moved between different services. Visit the ESI project page
- Project Wenju: accelerating time to value for enterprise AI via integrated and simplified development and operations. Read the Project Wenju manifesto
If you are building or operating infrastructure for university or research usage, join forces with OpenInfra Labs today.
If you are a technology vendor or provider who would like to participate in OpenInfra labs, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with the Community via these channels
- Freenode IRC: #openinfralabs
- Mailing list: http://lists.opendev.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openinfralabs
Code Repository: https://gitlab.com/open-infrastructure-labs